Recipe by Lavender Lynn
My mother found this in our local newspaper when I was little. She called it "drunk fish". It is really delicious.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Lovely way to prepare fish. Had some beautiful tilapia fillets that were perfect for this. Prepared exactly as given. Enjoyed it tonight and have enough left over for another day. Thnx for posting, Lavender Lynn. made for ZWT5 for RRR
- 1 cup white dinner wine
- 1 lb fish fillet (I use fillet of sole)
- unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate fish fillets for 1 hours in wine.
- Drain fillets on paper towels.
- Dip both sides of fish in crumbs.
- Arrange in greased shallow baking dish.
- Mix Mayonnaise, onion, sour cream, and spread evenly over fish.
- Cover with thin layer of crumbs.
- Dust with paprika.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 10 minutes or until fish flakes.