Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of our favorite fish dishes. It can be prepared ahead for an easy company dinner.
Make and share this Baked Fish Au Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs white fish fillets
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme or 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place half fish in greased baking dish. Cover with 4 slices cheese.
- Top with another layer of fish and cheese. Sprinkle with thyme and parsley.
- Saute onions in oil over medium heat.
- Remove onions from heat and add flour, salt and pepper. Return to heat and add milk. Stir over medium heat until thick. Pour over fish. Bake 20-30.
Very good. Had 3 pieces of haddock (just 2 of us) used shredded cheddar and added some garlic. Thanks.