Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of our favorite fish dishes. It can be prepared ahead for an easy company dinner.
- 2 lbs white fish fillets
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme or 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place half fish in greased baking dish. Cover with 4 slices cheese.
- Top with another layer of fish and cheese. Sprinkle with thyme and parsley.
- Saute onions in oil over medium heat.
- Remove onions from heat and add flour, salt and pepper. Return to heat and add milk. Stir over medium heat until thick. Pour over fish. Bake 20-30.
Very good. Had 3 pieces of haddock (just 2 of us) used shredded cheddar and added some garlic. Thanks.