Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish looks very pretty and is very good.
- 4 thawed fish fillets
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 cup one 6oz . can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, sliced into 1-inch lengths
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- In a skillet, cook bacon, reserve grease.
- Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Cook mushrooms and onions in drippings until tender.
- Place fish in 12x7.5x2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with salt.
- Combine mushrooms, onion, butter, and tarragon.
- Spread atop fish, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or till fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish with crumbed bacon.