Recipe by sugarpea
A light and delicate fish dish that lets the taste of the fish shine through and looks like little turbans. Prepared with a sprinkling of wine, shallots, butter, cream, bread crumbs and parsley, it's excellent simplicity. Easy and delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons shallots, finely chopped,divided
- 14 ounces fish fillets, basa,flounder,sole,etc (not mix)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°;butter a baking dish with 1/2 T butter; sprinkle the bottom of the dish with salt, pepper and 1 tsp shallots.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper; roll each of the fillets, turban-like, as compactly as possible; arrange in dish, seam side down.
- Sprinkle wine and cream over the fish; sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, bread crumbs, parsley and remaining tsp of shallots.
- Melt remaining T of butter and drizzle over all; bake 20 minutes or until fish are cooked and the crumbs are lightly browned.