Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy to make dinner, that is sure to please everyone around your table.
- 6 grouper fillets (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted and divided
- 1 onion, chopped and divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- lemon slice
- fresh parsley sprig
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle fish fillets evenly with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons butter in a 13"x9" baking dish. Sprinkle half of the onion and 1/4 cup parsley over the butter; top with the fish fillets. Pour wine into dish.
- Stir together remaining chopped onion, remaining 1/4 cup parsley, and the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the fillets, and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Broil 5 inches from heat (with the electric oven door partially open) 2 to 3 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Garnish, if desired.
Had this for dinner yesterday and enjoyed every bite. I normally don't give myself a large helping of fish, but I ate a small piece, then went back for more. I think the onion and parsley sandwiching the fish was inspired. Thnx for posting, Alan. Made for My-3-Chefs 2008.