Recipe by DallasDiva22
An old family recipe handed down from my Aunt Sallie. The fish is smothered in cream of celery soup with a splash of lemon juice. It was a weeknight favorite during long hot Louisiana summers.
- 2 lbs frozen perch or 2 lbs flounder fillets, thawed
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange fillets in a lightly greased 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish. Combine soup, butter, green pepper, and lemon juice; pour over fish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or till fish flakes easily with a fork. Place fish under broiler 2-3 minutes or till lightly browned.