Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From my collection of handwritten recipes 1960's.
Make and share this Baked Fillet of King Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 lb loaf stale bread (2-3 days old)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 8 salmon fillets (or salmon steaks)
- lemon, quarters (to garnish)
- Fry bacon until brown and crisp. Remove from pan. Add celery, onions and sage to bacon drippings and saute until vegetables are golden, about 10 minutes. Tear bread into bite size crumbs. Combine crumbs with browned vegetables, bacon and bacon drippings, mixing well. Combine beaten eggs, salt, pepper, chicken stock and 1/2 cup wine; stir through bread mixture. Spoon dressing into large greased baking pan. Combine lemon juice, 1/3 cup wine and melted butter; dip fillets in sauce and arrange over dressing. Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 25-30 minutes. Baste with sauce. Garnish with lemon quarters.