1 hr 5 mins
Recipe Junkie's Note:
From my mom's recipe file
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub potato skins with shortening.
- 2Bake in a 450 oven for 45-60 minutes.
- 3While potatoes are baking, pan broil pork sausage links.
- 4Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- 5When sweet potatoes are tender, cut each potato in half lengthwise.
- 6Scoop out inside of the potato without breaking skin.
- 7Mash or rice potato.
- 8Whip in hot orange juice, butter, brown sugar, orange peel, salt and nutmeg.
- 9Pile mixture lightly into potato shells.
- 10Top each with 2 sausage links.
- 11Bake in a 350 oven 8-10 minutes longer, or until potatoes are reheated and browned lightly.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Filled Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.5
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 808.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g