Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
From my mom's recipe file
Make and share this Baked Filled Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium yams
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 12 pork sausage links
- 1⁄2 cup hot orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Rub potato skins with shortening.
- Bake in a 450 oven for 45-60 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, pan broil pork sausage links.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- When sweet potatoes are tender, cut each potato in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out inside of the potato without breaking skin.
- Mash or rice potato.
- Whip in hot orange juice, butter, brown sugar, orange peel, salt and nutmeg.
- Pile mixture lightly into potato shells.
- Top each with 2 sausage links.
- Bake in a 350 oven 8-10 minutes longer, or until potatoes are reheated and browned lightly.