Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
In summer you can buy figs cheaply and cannot eat them quickly enough - so this recipe is handy for a dessert when the figs need a bit of help!
- Place all ingredients in a casserole.
- Cover with foil, punching a few holes in the foil.
- Preheat oven to 190 Degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow figs to cool in the syrup, then remove and reduce syrup to half in a small saucepan over a medium flame.
- Serve figs with syrup and yoghurt or ice cream.
Not bad at all, I just felt these baked fresh figs tasted very much the same as baked or mulled dried figs, which seems like bit of waste of fresh produce.