I love to eat these at restaurants as an appy, but knew I was taking on a lot of calories because they are fried. Here is a baked version that satifies a craving for spicy chicken that I found in Taste of Home Cooking School.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 2 teaspoons liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb chicken tenders (chicken cut into strips)
- low-fat ranch dressing or bleu cheese salad dressing, for dipping
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a mixing bowl, mix butter, hot pepper, and vinegar and set aside.
- 3In a shallow dish, mix cornmeal, cayenne, and salt together.
- 4Dip chicken strips in melted butter mixture and coat with liquid ingredients.
- 5Roll chicken in cornmeal mixture after dipping in butter and coat evenly.
- 6Place chicken strips on a baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes at 400 degrees, flip over and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- 7When chicken is done juices will run clear.
- 8Serve and dip in dresssing if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fiery Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.1 mg
- Sodium 474.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 27.9 g