Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love to eat these at restaurants as an appy, but knew I was taking on a lot of calories because they are fried. Here is a baked version that satifies a craving for spicy chicken that I found in Taste of Home Cooking School.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 2 teaspoons liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb chicken tenders (chicken cut into strips)
- low-fat ranch dressing or bleu cheese salad dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter, hot pepper, and vinegar and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, mix cornmeal, cayenne, and salt together.
- Dip chicken strips in melted butter mixture and coat with liquid ingredients.
- Roll chicken in cornmeal mixture after dipping in butter and coat evenly.
- Place chicken strips on a baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes at 400 degrees, flip over and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- When chicken is done juices will run clear.
- Serve and dip in dresssing if desired.