Chef #504434's Note:
A really easy and delish way to slip the veggies in with the pasta and cheese. Kids will eat this! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g uncooked fettuccine
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 411.06 g can Italian-style diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 283.49 g box frozen chopped spinach (thawed, squeezed to drain)
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 1Heat oven to 400°F Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- 2Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in garlic, salt and both cans of tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are thoroughly heated.
- 3In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, spread half of the fettuccine. Layer with all of the spinach and half of the tomato mixture. Repeat with layers of remaining fettuccine and tomato mixture.
- 4Add nutmeg to cream, and pour over top of casserole; sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- 5Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fettuccine Alfredo With Tomatoes, Spinach & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 779.2
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 193.4 mg
- Sodium 945.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 25.6 g