Recipe by Aric Ross
This recipe is one of my favorite pasta bakes. It is simple to make and the presentation is fantastic. A perfect, hearty meal that can be served as a one dish meal. I prefer to serve this with hot, garlic bread. You can vary this recipe by using plain fettucine or adding chopped fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, or thyme. Grated carrot can be used as well. If you like garlic, stir in a crushed clove or two just before the onion is finished cooking. Voila!
- 1 lb spinach fettuccine
- 2 ounces butter or 2 ounces margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 9 2⁄3 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the fettucine to a large pan of boiling water and cook until just tender.
- Drain well and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large pan.
- Add the chopped onion and stir constantly over low heat until the onion is tender.
- Add the drained fettucine to the pan.
- Add the sour cream to the pan and toss well, using a spoon and fork.
- Simmer, stirring, until the pasta is well coated.
- Add the cram, nutmeg, half of the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; stir.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with combined mozzerella and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is softened and golden.