Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful Greek appetizer, served with crusty bread and a chilled dry white wine. Try to find the imported feta with less liquid if possible.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, halved,cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup pickled green pepperoncini pepper, sliced
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add red bell pepper and salt; cook 5-7 minutes or until peppers are tender but not mushy, stirring occasionally Slice feta into 1/2" thick slices.
- Arrange in one layer in shallow 9" oval or round baking dish; sprinkle with oregano.
- Top with red bell pepper and pepperoncini Bake 12-14 minutes or until cheese is soft and oil bubbles.
- Serve warm with crusty bread.
This is a great appetizer. I made it a few nights ago when I had family over and it got rave reviews. It was really easy to prepare. In terms of servings, I would say 4, though three of us devoured the whole thing as we waited for dinner to be prepared. I used a french feta with very little water. I served it with bread. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks!