Elegant appetizer or snack. So very easy to make, just mix and bake! Also makes a yummy dip instead of a spread. From Cooking Light Magazine so it is keeping with my New Years resolution to eat healthier! (2 bread slices with 2 tablespoons spread = 1 portion)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or more)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, drained (or a similar Italian style tomato)
- 4 ounces cumbled feta cheese
- 1 lb crusty bread, sliced diagonally,toasted (French Baguettes work well)
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Combine lemon juice, red pepper, garlic and tomatoes in a bowl.
- 3Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- 4Crumble Feta into the baking dish.
- 5Top with tomato mixture.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven, stir and serve as a spread or dip for the bread.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Feta with Marinara
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.6
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 229.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano