Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Elegant appetizer or snack. So very easy to make, just mix and bake! Also makes a yummy dip instead of a spread. From Cooking Light Magazine so it is keeping with my New Years resolution to eat healthier! (2 bread slices with 2 tablespoons spread = 1 portion)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or more)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, drained (or a similar Italian style tomato)
- 4 ounces cumbled feta cheese
- 1 lb crusty bread, sliced diagonally,toasted (French Baguettes work well)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine lemon juice, red pepper, garlic and tomatoes in a bowl.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Crumble Feta into the baking dish.
- Top with tomato mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir and serve as a spread or dip for the bread.
The kids and I just loved this "oh so easy" and low fat appetizer. We dipped our ciabatta bread slices in it, and finished it up in record time. I didn't need to change a thing - it's great as is. Thanks for sharing a delicious and healthy recipe.
Great snack for DH and I to indulge in when we are watching the calories. I love that it is low fat and flavors are great! By the way, I used FF Feta cheese and baked whole wheat pita points with great results!
I used fat free feta cheese and this is superb. It goes with roasted veggies, bread, pita crisps or bread sticks.