Recipe by Aimchick
I got this recipe from a friend of mine who comes from a large Greek family. It was a favorite to bring to dinner parties. Feta cheese doesn’t melt, but when its baked this way it makes a great spread. I think its best with sour dough but any crusty bread will do fine. Also, if you like things spicy, add a little crushed red pepper to the tomato mixture.
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- cooking spray
- sliced baguette or any crusty bread
Directions See How It's Made
- -Prehaeat oven to 350.
- -Combine lemon juice garlic and tomatoes in a bowl.
- -Coat the bottom of a small, shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- -Crumble feta cheese evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- -Cover with the tomato mixture.
- -Bake 20 –25 minutes.
- -Serve with sliced bread.