Top Review by moxie
I could NOT stop eating these! I know the flavors may be strong for some people, but I thought they were awesome. I used blue cheese, and these went fast at our house. I wasn't sure whether to place the sprouts cheese side down or cheese side up, so I did some both ways. The ones with the cheese side up were definitely better. I will probably skip the saly step next time -- between the bacon and blue cheese the salt seemed a little much. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Erin!
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout
- 1⁄3 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 cup feta (or less) or 1⁄4 cup blue cheese (or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil brussels sprouts until slightly tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Hollow out core enough to put a piece of cheese in, but not enough to cause to fall apart.
- Drain upside down on paper towel.
- Stuff a piece of feta or blue cheese in hollow.
- Trim bacon to get most fat off, use mostly the lean meat.
- Wrap piece of bacon around sprout until just overlaps and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Right out of the oven sprinkle with some coarse salt.