Recipe by JessFontenot
So easy and so delicious... my boyfriend and I tend to lose ourselves and fight over who gets to lick the dish! ***Any tangy, soft cheese is perfect for this. I LOVE it with goat cheese. Also: if you're short on time or just don't feel like turning on the oven, throw everything together in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap (tomato sauce explodes all over the microwave otherwise), and microwave about a minute. Voila!
Top Review by Snoelle
What an easy and tasty dish! I had a cheap marinara on hand, so I mixed some pesto into it... added some extra cayenne, and crumbled this great feta I buy at the local farmers market. Served with foccacia and Chickpeas with Spinach Recipe #81968...outstanding. Thanks so much!
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 12 ounces tomato sauce, any favorite will do
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1 loaf focaccia bread
- olive oil, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray small glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray for easy cleanup.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour tomato sauce in the baking dish; stir in cayenne.
- Top with crumbled feta.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly in the center and the feta is softened.
- Top with julienned basil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with toasted or warmed focaccia.