Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This comes from 1000 Great Recipes. Posting for ZWT3. “Fennel is widely eaten in Italy, both raw and cooked. It is delicious married with the sharpness of Parmesan.”
- Cook the fennel in a large saucepan of boiling water until softened but not mushy.
- Drain well. Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Cu the fennel bulbs lengthwise into four or six pieces. Place them in a buttered baking dish.
- Dot with butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake in the hot oven until the cheese is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve.