I found this recipe on Allrecipes and have posted it here for quick reference. The fennel has a nice mellow taste and the parmesan cream sauce is divine. It is the perfect veggie to take to a potluck because it stays hot during transit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Remove 'fingers' and 'hair' from the fennel bulb and cut off the base. Cut the fennel bulbs in half and cut out the core out of the bottom. You will see the core as it is whiter and in a 'V' shape at the base of the bulb. Slice the fennel in quarters vertically.
- 3Melt the butter in a large skillet and fry the fennel for about 5 minutes. Stir in the half and half, sour cream and salt until nicely combined.
- 4Transfer to an ungreased shallow baking dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes or until fennel is tender and can be pierced with a fork. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fennel With Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.9
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 509.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g