1/1 Photo of Baked Fennel
This is a light, tasty way to cook fennel. It is tender, with a crunchy outer texture and just a hint of the fennel flavor. This is a great vegetable side dish with grilled or roasted meats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Clean the fennel, removing the upper fronds, and slice lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices.
- 3Set the feathery leaves aside to garnish the completed dish.
- 4Place in a saucepan and cover with milk.
- 5Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the fennel can be easily pierced with a fork.
- 6Remove the fennel and pat dry.
- 7Layer in a baking dish, drizzle with two tablespoons of the oil and add salt and pepper.
- 8Bake for about 20 minutes.
- 9Mix the remaining oil with the cheese and breadcrumbs, and sprinkle over the dish and continue baking until golden brown.
- 10This dish is great hot or at room temperature.
- 11Use the discarded feathery fronds to garnish, and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.1
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 302.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 9.3 g