1/2 Photos of Baked Falafel
from Chow Vegan - http://chowvegan.com/2009/01/06/baked-falafel/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Put in a medium sized bowl and smash with a fork.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- 4Form into small balls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and slightly flatten. Place onto an oiled baking pan.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes on each side, until nicely browned (since it's baked, only the part actually touching the pan will be browned and crispy).
- 6Serving suggestion: Stuff in mini pita pockets with hummus, tahini sauce, tomatoes, lettuce and/or cucumber.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Falafel
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g