Recipe by Lennie
I haven't tried this, but it sounds both easy and tasty. And it must be healthier than deep-fried falafel!
Top Review by polly salama
this was pretty good-had a different taste than the falafels that i am used to i think it was the wheat germ-but it was tasty i added cuim and used fresh garlic. thanks for yet another great recipe!!
- 3 cups tinned chickpeas, well drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (all-purpose flour can be substituted)
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, grind chickpeas with lemon juice and onion.
- Remove from blender and stir in flour, wheat germ, parsley, sesame seeds, pepper and garlic powder.
- Form into 20 falafel balls.
- Heat oil in a large baking dish, then add falafel and bake 15 minutes, gently stirring occasionally.