Recipe by Word_Countess
We love this omelette with toasted English muffins and jam. Found it on a My Great Recipes card tucked in a book I bought at a thrift store. The card says for 2 servings, use half the ingredients, use an 8-inch pan and bake for 15 minutes; for 8, double the ingredients and bake in two pans.
- 6 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Whisk eggs in bowl until smooth.
- Whisk in milk.
- Stir in seasonings, cheese, onion and bacon.
- Melt butter in a 9" oven-proof frying pan or omelette pan.
- Pour egg mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until set and golden.
- Garnish with additional bacon if desired.
- Serve immediately.