Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve this cheddar topped omelet with toasted English muffins for breakfast or with a green salad and French bread for dinner.
- 6 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced (measure after slicing)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Beat eggs with a whisk until smooth. Beat in the milk.
- Stir in the seasonings, Cheddar cheese, onion and bacon. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a 9-inch fry pan. Saute the onion, red pepper and mushrooms until the onions are soft and the mushrooms have given up their liquid.
- Pour egg mixture over the cooked vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until set and golden. Don't over-cook.
- Serve immediately.