Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got these out of a book on freezing food ahead, and they are really good.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 red chile, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 ounces fresh coriander, chopped (I just use a handfull)
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 6 ounces mature cheddar cheese
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- 1 (15 ounce) canspicy refried beans
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions, peppers and half of the chili and cook on high for 5-8 min, stirring until the peppers are tender. Add the toms and half of the coriander and simmer for 2 more minutes. You want the veggies to be wilted and soft.
- Lay the tortillas on a work surface. Get out a shallow, oven proof dish. Chop a third of the cheese into chunks and set aside. Finely grate the rest of the cheese and mix with the crème fraiche and the remaining coriander and chili.
- Spoon the pepper mixture on the tortillas, top with a spoonful of the refried beans, then some diced cheese. Roll them up like pancakes and place them seam side down in the dish in a single layer. Spread over the crème fraiche mixture. Bake in a preheated 190C oven for 25 minutes.