Recipe by Charlotte J
A Spanish-style appetizer.
Top Review by A Good Thing
These were spicy little parcels which we enjoyed for lunch yesterday. I loved the filling but didn't think there was enough of it to do the pastry justice. Will happily make again but will use double the filling. (-; Made for ZWT 5! YUM
- 12 ounces chorizo sausage or 12 ounces spicy sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned and onion is crisply tender (5 to 6 minutes).
- Drain well.
- Stir in tomato and oregano.
- Set aside.
- Roll 1 sheet puff pastry to 12-inch square.
- Cut into 16 (3-inch) squares.
- Place 1 rounded tablespoon filling in center of each square.
- Fold opposite corners of squares together to form triangles.
- Pinch edges of pastry together; crimp with fork to seal.
- Place triangles onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Repeat with remaining pastry sheet and filling.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.