Recipe by Likkel
Some days I want bacon and eggs, but don't have the time to stand at the stove to fix it all. With this recipe I can quickly get everything into the muffin tin, pop it in the oven, and use the 20 minutes of cooking time to finish getting ready. For those not eating low carb, you can place the finished product inside an english muffin for a quick and easy breakfast sandwich on the go!
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon cooking spray
- 6 slices bacon or 6 slices deli ham or 6 slices pepperoni
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream or 6 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 6 slices or 2 ounces cheese, of your choice cut into 6 slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sauté or microwave to half cook strips of bacon to insure the bacon is done by the end of the baking time (this step is not needed for either the pepperoni or ham).
- Grease bottom of muffin cup with the butter (or spray tin with cooking spray).
- Line the sides & bottom with the bacon slice (or deli ham or pepperoni slices).
- Place 1 egg in each muffin cup and pierce yolk.
- Place 1 T. cream over the top of egg and sprinkle egg lightly with salt and pepper.
- Put a slice of cheddar to cover top of the egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese melted. Lift out of the tin and enjoy!