Recipe by Dienia B.
These are fast to do and you don't have to watch them too much. Mom Florence made these for breakfast. She made the simple ones. I came up with the different variations. There are many variations you can do. You can tailor breakfast to the person. They cook in the muffin tin.
Top Review by duonyte
This was so much fun. Instead of muffin tins, I used ramekins, which I greased before putting in the bread. I trimmed the crusts off the bread, and the slice did not quite come up to the top edge of the ramekin. Used ham and two eggs in each ramekin, plus some green onion and sharp cheddar. I ran a knife around the ramekin and the cups came right out. The eggs whites were almost fluffy, really nice. I want to try these with some chorizo and queso fresco or a similar cheese.
- 6 slices bread
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 6 slices deli ham (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crumbled (optional)
- 6 teaspoons mushrooms, minced fine (optional)
- 6 teaspoons green onions, minced fine (optional)
- 6 teaspoons spinach (optional)
- 6 teaspoons tomatoes, minced (optional)
- 6 teaspoons green peppers, minced fine (optional)
- 6 sausage links, cooked (optional)
- 6 tablespoons cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter outside of bread; stuff into muffin tins forming a cup.
- Start to build; if using ham put in cup.
- Place eggs in cups; if you want plain stop here and bake.
- Add toppings ending with cheese on top. The sausage goes on side sticking up.
- You can use whatever cheese you like.
- You can mix up the toppings to have a completely different flavor and you can microwave later.
- Bake for 10 mininues for softer eggs 15 minutes for yolk done at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until eggs are done.