Recipe by Latchy
Simple to make eggs for breakfast
Top Review by Jen T
This was very easy and made for a nice light dinner. Will certainly be making again. The only thing I did different was to cook the spinach in a little water instead of the oil and cut the eggs back to 4 as there was just the two of us. Served with some grilled tomatoes. Thanks Latchy for a keeper:)
- butter, to grease
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons cream
- extra parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200d Celsius Lightly grease 4 ramekins (about 9cm diameter) and place on a baking tray.
- Heat a medium sized fry pan over a moderate heat and add the oil to the pan, then add the spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the leaves are just softened.
- Drain the spinach in a colander and as soon as spinach is cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess liquid.
- Divide the spinach between the ramekins and break two eggs on top of the spinach.
- Pour one tablespoon of cream over the eggs and sprinkle with one tablespoon of parmesan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are set and puffed up.
- Serve immediately with toast.