Recipe by Topher
A hot breakfast meal that's definitely a new favorite of mine to make in the morning. A different way to make eggs interesting and delicious again with a little southwestern influence. Personally I prefer mine with a hotter salsa to liven things up as well as mushrooms mixed into the salsa. A modified recipe from one on Foodnetwork. I've also upped the amount of salsa based on the review and I think mushrooms added to this would be great as well.
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, plus maybe a tad more (your choice of hotness)
- 4 eggs
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly oil or spray a medium nonstick skillet with an ovenproof handle.
- Spoon salsa into the pan.
- Lightly press down salsa to make 4 evenly spaced shallow nests and break an egg into each.
- Add green onions and season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked and the yolks are still runny.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and continue baking until just melted, about 1 minute more.
- Top with the cilantro and serve immediately.