Baked Eggs With Fresh Herbs and Goat Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Combine herbs and garlic; set aside.
- In a glass measuring cup, mix butter and cream. Place six 4-ounce ramekins or ovenproof cups on a baking sheet.
- Pour butter mixture evenly among ramekins. Bake in preheated oven until bubbly hot, about 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven. To avoid breaking yolks, carefully crack 1 or 2 eggs into a separate cup and gently slide them into a heated ramekin.
- Top eggs with herb mixture and crumbled cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Return to oven and bake 3 to 5 minutes. Eggs should look not quite done; they will continue to cook after removed from oven.
- Place each ramekin on a plate. Serve immediately with toast.