Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Baked Eggs With Fresh Herbs and Goat Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, mint, tarragon)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled fine
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Combine herbs and garlic; set aside.
- In a glass measuring cup, mix butter and cream. Place six 4-ounce ramekins or ovenproof cups on a baking sheet.
- Pour butter mixture evenly among ramekins. Bake in preheated oven until bubbly hot, about 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven. To avoid breaking yolks, carefully crack 1 or 2 eggs into a separate cup and gently slide them into a heated ramekin.
- Top eggs with herb mixture and crumbled cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Return to oven and bake 3 to 5 minutes. Eggs should look not quite done; they will continue to cook after removed from oven.
- Place each ramekin on a plate. Serve immediately with toast.
Great little dish! The herbs and goat cheese are nice additions. Thanks for sharing!