I used leftover mashed potatoes that had cheese in it for a nice extra.
Make and share this Baked Eggs on a Bed of Potatoes With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a cookie sheet pan place strips of bacon and bake until crisp.
- Meanwhile heat potatoes in microwave oven for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove bacon set aside. Drain the fat and discard, leaving just a touch.
- Place potatoes on pan and make small indents with the back of a spoon.
- Crack eggs into each indent.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake until eggs are to desired doneness.
- Carefully place on plates.
- Serve with the bacon.
Yummy breakfast, and with leftovers quick and easy too! My potatoes had a little cheddar and sour cream in them. I made a single serving in an individual ramekin, and I put ready-to-eat bacon strips around the inside edge before putting in the potatoes and eggs, so everything was cooked together. Very nice - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT6, Zwizzle Chicks
I made this for dinner for my daughter, my 21 month old twin granddaughters and me. It was 94 degrees here in Longmont, Colorado and I didn't want to heat up the house with the oven so I made the recipe in a sautÃ© pan on the stove top. I just used regular mashed potatoes and then put a lid on the pan for about 10 minutes. Everyone agreed that this is DELICIOUS! Another fantastic "Rita Recipe" for sure!
This was a wonderful brunch! For the potatoes, I used Au Gratin Potatoes and it was perfect. I did have to cook it considerably longer to get the eggs set to my taste. This is a dish for which I will plan leftover potatoes--often.