Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Best made with homegrown tomatoes. Serve with a side of toast and a glass of juice...perfect breakfast!
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 4 large eggs, raw
- 4 teaspoons butter
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, fresh and to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice the stem end off of the tomatoes and scoop out the insides.
- Sprinkle the insides of tomatoes with salt and put them in a baking dish upside down.
- Place dish in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the inverted tomatoes from the oven,pour off the pan liquids and set the tomatoes right side up in the baking dish.
- Break an egg into each tomato and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place 1 teaspoon of butter on top of the egg in each tomato.
- Return the tomatoes to the oven and bake 5 more minutes or until the egg whites are cooked firm but the yolk isn't.
- Serve immediately.
All I can is wonderful!!! I loved it. i did add lots of pepper, but I love pepper!! Thanks for posting