1/1 Photo of Baked Eggs in Tomatoes
Best made with homegrown tomatoes. Serve with a side of toast and a glass of juice...perfect breakfast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Slice the stem end off of the tomatoes and scoop out the insides.
- 3Sprinkle the insides of tomatoes with salt and put them in a baking dish upside down.
- 4Place dish in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove the inverted tomatoes from the oven,pour off the pan liquids and set the tomatoes right side up in the baking dish.
- 6Break an egg into each tomato and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- 7Place 1 teaspoon of butter on top of the egg in each tomato.
- 8Return the tomatoes to the oven and bake 5 more minutes or until the egg whites are cooked firm but the yolk isn't.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Eggs in Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 221.5 mg
- Sodium 103.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g