1/1 Photo of Baked Eggs in Toast Cups With Melty Cheese
This is the go-to dish on super busy activity laden nights. No one gets tired of it and with a salad and smoothie you have a complete and nutritionally well-rounded meal. Scale this recipe up as needed. Adjust measurements to taste. Adapted from foodie with family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Butter each slice of bread.
- 3Squeeze into the ramekin or muffin tin, buttered side down. Press bread against sides of dish to push crust above the rim and make enough room for the egg.
- 4Because the bread doesn’t always go where you want it to without tearing, you may find yourself with some pretty big holes.
- 5Don’t worry aboutt it. Just patch it with a buttered piece torn from another piece of bread.
- 6Top with 1-2 Tablespoons chopped bacon, if using.
- 7Break one egg into each ramekin and grind fresh pepper over the eggs.
- 8And don't skimp on the black pepper! You will regret it!
- 9Sprinkle evenly with about 1 additional Tablespoon shredded cheese and any other desired seasonings.
- 10Bake 15 to 25 minutes, till cheese is browned and eggs are cooked to desired consistency.
- 11If you prefer runny yolks, pull the eggs from the oven closer to 15 minutes.
- 12If you prefer medium yolks remove at about 20 minutes.
- 13If you like yolks that are firm all the way through, cook closer to the 25 minute mark.
- 14Remove toast cups from the dishes and serve. (These can also be served in the ramekins if they were cooked in them, but can pose a burning hazard for small hands. Use your discretion.).
- 15Serve hot, warm, or room temperature. Use hot sauce as desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Eggs in Toast Cups With Melty Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 194.9 mg
- Sodium 333.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g