Recipe by Adopted Parisian
Elegant bite-sized breakfast treats! Eat them with a fork or just eat as finger food. The crisp ham creates a wonderful cup full of savory, gooey goodness. Serve with toast and fresh fruit.
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 12 slices black forest ham or 12 slices virginia ham
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cook mushrooms and shallot in butter with salt and pepper over moderately high heat, stirring, until mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in crème fraîche.
- Fit 1 slice of ham into each of 12 lightly oiled muffin cups (ends will stick up and hang over edges of cups).
- Spoon mushroom mixture evenly among cups and crack 1 egg into each.
- Bake in middle of oven until whites are cooked but yolks are still slightly runny, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups carefully, using 2 spoons or small spatulas.
- Garnish with tarragon and chives.