Adopted Parisian's Note:
Elegant bite-sized breakfast treats! Eat them with a fork or just eat as finger food. The crisp ham creates a wonderful cup full of savory, gooey goodness. Serve with toast and fresh fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 12 slices black forest ham or 12 slices virginia ham
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Cook mushrooms and shallot in butter with salt and pepper over moderately high heat, stirring, until mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in crème fraîche.
- 3Fit 1 slice of ham into each of 12 lightly oiled muffin cups (ends will stick up and hang over edges of cups).
- 4Spoon mushroom mixture evenly among cups and crack 1 egg into each.
- 5Bake in middle of oven until whites are cooked but yolks are still slightly runny, about 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from muffin cups carefully, using 2 spoons or small spatulas.
- 7Garnish with tarragon and chives.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Eggs in Spiced Ham Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.5
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 471.9 mg
- Sodium 1097.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 24.1 g