From The Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook II
Make and share this Baked Eggs in Pepper Rings recipe from Food.com.
- Cut pepper into 4 rings, 1/2" thick.
- Cook in lightly salted water for 3-5 minutes.
- Melt 1 T butter in shallow 1 quart casserole in oven.
- Place pepper rings in casserole.
- Break 1 egg into each ring.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Pour 1 T cream over each.
- Combine crumbs, parmesan and butter.
- Sprinkle over.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- This doubles, triples and more for a large brunch.
- Can easily be prepared ahead.
Yummy, easy comfort food! Plan to try it again soon with red bell peppers, as I only had green on hand and prefer red in general. made for My 3 Chefs November 2008