1/1 Photo of Baked Eggs in Maple Toast Cups
Tasty toast cups with a hint of maple syrup, an egg, and a tasty surprise of bacon inside. A delicious and fun breakfast or brunch; serve with a cup of coffee or glass of orange juice. Make these in regular muffin cups (or you can use buttered ramekins, but increase the time to about 16 minutes because it takes longer for the heat to penetrate the ramekins). Figure on 1 to 2 cups per person. Adapted from Dakin Farm in Vermont.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter six muffin cups.
- 2In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the syrup. (You can also do this in a microwave).
- 3Remove the crusts from the bread. Flatten each slice with a rolling pin. Brush both sides of each slice with the syrup mixture.
- 4Put one slice into each muffin cup and sprinkle the bacon pieces in the cups.
- 5Break an egg into each cup and bake until the eggs are set; start checking after about 5 minutes.
- 6Lift the toast cups from the pan and serve immediately, drizzled with additional syrup, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Eggs in Maple Toast Cups
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 198.9 mg
- Sodium 265.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g