Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty breakfast served in an edible cup of ham.
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, for the tins
- 4 ham slices (the largest you can find at the deli)
- 4 teaspoons pesto sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 8 pieces mozzarella cheese, 8 cubes
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Watch a video of this recipe: http://thesimpletable.com/archives/1.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter 4 compartments of a metal muffin tin. Fold each ham slice into quarters, insert the point end in a buttered muffin cup, and let it open — it will have a ruffled look.
- Crack an egg into each ham cup. Tuck 2 mozzarella cubes and two cherry tomato halves into each cup on top of the eggs, top with pesto and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the egg white looks set but the yolk is still a bit runny. Remove the ham cups from the muffin tin and serve them in small bowls or lined up on a platter.