Very rich and spicy, and great for brunch. The recipe can be easily doubled.
Make and share this Baked Eggs in Chipotle Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a rack in the upper third of the oven. Butter 2 8-ounce ramekins.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Saute the garlic and the chipotle powder about 3 minutes or until garlic is softened.
- Add the half and half and bring to a simmer, stirring. Stir in cilantro, salt, pepper and sugar. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, until mixture has reduced by about one third and thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan until melted. Reserve 1 Tablespoon of parmesan for sprinkling.
- Spoon half of the sauce into each ramekin. Break one egg into each ramekin and sprinkle with the reserved parmesan.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the upper third of the oven for 12 minutes. White should be set and yolk slightly runny.
- Serve with toast or bread. A dollop of sour cream would also be nice, if you're splurging.