Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very rich and spicy, and great for brunch. The recipe can be easily doubled.
Make and share this Baked Eggs in Chipotle Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a rack in the upper third of the oven. Butter 2 8-ounce ramekins.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Saute the garlic and the chipotle powder about 3 minutes or until garlic is softened.
- Add the half and half and bring to a simmer, stirring. Stir in cilantro, salt, pepper and sugar. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, until mixture has reduced by about one third and thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan until melted. Reserve 1 Tablespoon of parmesan for sprinkling.
- Spoon half of the sauce into each ramekin. Break one egg into each ramekin and sprinkle with the reserved parmesan.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the upper third of the oven for 12 minutes. White should be set and yolk slightly runny.
- Serve with toast or bread. A dollop of sour cream would also be nice, if you're splurging.