Bacon wrapped in each muffin cup around the sides,with an egg in each cup. When there were 8 to 10 around the kitchen table in the morning, it was an easy breakfast to prepare and bake. Serve with toast and fruit. I used to make 18 to 24 servings so that each person could have two if desired. I worked a full time job and made recipes that were quick, easy, good tasting and that allowed all of us to get to school and work on time. Now I would use turkey bacon. When I first created this recipe, turkey bacon was not available.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- In medium frying pan fry bacon to soft transparent stage.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Line each slice around the side of each muffin cup. Ends may overlap.
- Break egg directly in the center of each muffin cup. 12 cup muffin pan.
- Slightly salt and pepper.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes.
- Watch for whites and yolks to begin to set.
- Take out with small spatula on a serving plate.
- Serve with fork and knife.
- If you want the tops to be basted,after ten minutes of cooking, baste each egg once with 1/2 teaspoon of water.
- You can fry bacon the night before and drain and refrigerate for morning.
My Dad used to make baked eggs like this. He passed away a few years ago and I had forgotten about them until I saw your recipe. They are fantastic and very nostalgic for me. I baked them for 15 minutes, but will try 12 minutes next. We always had them with the yolks still a little soft. Thanks for all the happy memories!
These were so easy and delicious. What is better than eggs and bacon of a morning? Perfect for on the go breakfast's when you don't have time to make bacon and eggs!
Easy, delicious, and such a cute presentation! I omitted the salt (personal preference). Thanks for sharing!