Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Bacon wrapped in each muffin cup around the sides,with an egg in each cup. When there were 8 to 10 around the kitchen table in the morning, it was an easy breakfast to prepare and bake. Serve with toast and fruit. I used to make 18 to 24 servings so that each person could have two if desired. I worked a full time job and made recipes that were quick, easy, good tasting and that allowed all of us to get to school and work on time. Now I would use turkey bacon. When I first created this recipe, turkey bacon was not available.
Top Review by Margo B.
So easy! Cook the bacon ahead of time according to the recipe, especially if you are preparing several. That is what makes it a time saver. You can add different things to them also. Finely (or not) chopped tomatoes, peppers, scallions, mushrooms etc. A little bit of grated cheese on top. Pepper only, if desired, as the salt from the bacon makes it salty to begin with.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- In medium frying pan fry bacon to soft transparent stage.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Line each slice around the side of each muffin cup. Ends may overlap.
- Break egg directly in the center of each muffin cup. 12 cup muffin pan.
- Slightly salt and pepper.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes.
- Watch for whites and yolks to begin to set.
- Take out with small spatula on a serving plate.
- Serve with fork and knife.
- If you want the tops to be basted,after ten minutes of cooking, baste each egg once with 1/2 teaspoon of water.
- You can fry bacon the night before and drain and refrigerate for morning.