1/1 Photo of Baked Eggs En Cocotte - Italian-Style
Tomatoes, garlic and balsamic vinegar add a Mediterranean flavour to baked eggs in this simple yet tasty recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the broiler or the oven to 350°F Skin, seed and chop the tomatoes. Place the chopped tomatoes in a bowl with the garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well.
- 2Place a little of the mixture into the base of 4 ramekins or 'cocottes' and break an egg into each ramekin.
- 3Scatter each egg with a little more of the tomato mixture, making sure you add the 'juice' as well. Top with breadcrumbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 4Place under a hot broiler or in the oven until the eggs are cooked and set to your liking. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Eggs En Cocotte - Italian-Style
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 131.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & freshly ground black pepper