Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple and tasty for anytime, day or night. An Emril Lagasse recipe.
Make and share this Baked Eggs and Avocados recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 slices prosciutto (thin slices)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F Dot 2 ramekins with butter and then evenly layer in the prosciutto.
- Sprinkle both with the Parmesan cheese. Scatter the avocado between the 2 ramekins, and then dot each with sour cream.
- Break 2 eggs into each ramekin and then season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with basil.
- Place the ramekins in a shallow roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the pan to reach 3/4 of the way up the ramekins.
- Place in the oven and bake until the egg whites are milky and the yolks are set, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
An excellent brunch dish that's simple to make yet tastes awesome. Thank you.
What a pleasurable breakfast this made, mine took 15 minutes to make and it was perfect, white set and runny yolk to dip the toast into and then making your way through the creamy avocado to the salty parmesan and prosciutto, absolute heaven in every bite, thank you to Deania B. for the recommendation and KelBel for a wonderful recipe, made for I Recommend.
really good breakfast . i love anything with avacados lol try this .dee