Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a Welcome Wagon Cookbook
- 8 -10 slices bread, cubed with crusts removed
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Place cubed bread and cheese into a 9x13-inch greased pan.
- In bowl mix butter, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper; add beaten eggs and pour over bread and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- For variety, add bacon, sausage or extra cheese.
This was a great Saturday morning breakfast. I baked it in a smaller dish, and it rose higher than I thought it would, but it turned out delicious! I added bacon and sliced bell pepper, served with corned beef hash. Thank you for the great breakfast recipe. I'll will make this again for sure! :)
Added sausage to mine,it was so delicious and easy to make I will do it often.Thanks so much for posting,Darlene
Thanks for the recipe, it was very good. We polished it off at supper. Thanks again.