Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe comes from socials after church on Sunday mornings. It can be reduced or increased, depending on the amount of people. I like to serve it with warm tortillas, salsa and sour cream. It's also fun to experiment with other ingredients.
- 18 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups diced ham or 2 cups bacon or 2 cups cooked sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced Ortega chiles
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Put eggs, milk and sour cream in blender and blend until smooth.
- Grease 9x13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle diced meat, chopped chives or onions and chilies evenly in pan.
- Mix beaten egg mixture and grated cheese together. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes or until set.
Very user-friendly, and a great recipe. I've made three now, and all turned out very well. I like that it doesn't involve soaking the mixture in bread overnight, as I have texture/moisture issues with those recipes. I've used a variety of ingredients, and made one with Egg Beaters (my favorite: dry Italian sausage, gruyere/good parmesean cheese, Italian herbs.) . As part of my Christmas brunch they were enjoyed by all. They re-heat nicely, and next time I'll try freezing some. Thanks, Jan