Recipe by cherij22
I got this recipe from the Week 1 book WW. I have it many times and I love to make it cut into 6 servings eat 1 then freeze the others. It's a great dinner with a salad when the family is eating the hot dogs, pizza or stuff you just don't want to eat. It's also makes for a quick & delicous lunch.
Top Review by Tea Girl
I really liked it. I used low-fat mozzarella because I couldn't get fat free. It was very tasty, I made my own marinara sauce so it was a bit more work, but the results were really worth it. DH didn't even notice I used low fat cheese. Thanks! Made for PAC Fall 2012.
- 2 eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch rounds. about 1 lb each
- 3 cups marinara sauce, made with core ingredients
- 24 large basil leaves
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler, place the eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Broil until well browned, about 4 minutes. Turn over, repeat other side. Remove from oven. Reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce in an 11x14 baking dish. Add eggplant rounds overlapping slightly. Top with remaining sauce, basil leaves, then cheese.
- Bake until cheese begins to brown, about 20 minute Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.