Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish is delicious! It calls for Edam or Cheddar cheese but I used a combination of both of those with Parmesan cheese. It was great that way! Found it on mealsforyou.
- 2 eggplants
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweetcorn
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce edam cheese or 1 ounce cheddar cheese, grated
- Cut eggplants in half lengthways, slash the flesh and sprinkle with the salt.
- Place, cut side down, on a plate and let sit for 1 hour.
- Rinse and drain, then remove and chop the flesh, reserving the skins.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onion and fry until soft.
- Add the eggplant flesh, garlic, 2 Tbs. stock, tomatoes, chives, sweet corn, salt and pepper to taste; cook until soft.
- Stuff into the eggplant cases.
- Place eggplants in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over the eggplants.
- Add remaining stock to the dish, then cover with foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.