1/2 Photos of Baked Eggplant With Mushroom-And-Tomato Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
Healthy yet delicious recipe from Cooking Light Magazine (November 2000).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 peeled eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce, divided
- 2/3 cup about 3 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat broiler. Arrange the eggplant slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; broil 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°.
- 3Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat; add onion and next 4 ingredients (onion through mushrooms). Cover and cook 7 minutes or until tender, stirring mixture occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high; uncover and cook for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- 4Spread half of mushroom mixture in bottom of a 1 1/2-quart round baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange half of eggplant slices over mushroom mixture; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Top with 1/2 cup tomato sauce and 1/3 cup mozzarella. Spread remaining mushroom mixture over mozzarella; top with remaining eggplant slices. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon pepper; top with remaining tomato sauce.
- 5Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour.
- 6Sprinkle with 1/3 cup mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Eggplant With Mushroom-And-Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 487.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning