Recipe by Lvs2Cook
These slices would make great eggplant parm sandwiches -- if you can keep from eating them before you make the sandwich!
- 1 eggplant
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- marinara sauce (optional) or other pasta sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a medium bowl, mix together egg and sour cream until well blended. Toss eggplant slices in flour to coat, dip one slice at a time in the egg/sour cream batter, and then coat the slice with breadcrumbs.
- Place coated slices on baking sheet and spray tops with baking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn, and bake for 15 more minutes or until both sides are crisp.
- Serve with sauce if desired.