Recipe by jcash
I planted a few Eggplants this year. After I picked the first ones I went looking for a recipe to use them in but all of the recipes I found in my cookbooks were very labor intensive and fed 6 to 8 people its just my wife and I. So I started going through my pantry and put this together it was great.
- 1 lb of sliced eggplant (slice 3/8 - 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 (8 ounce) containerof sliced baby bella mushrooms (slice the same as the eggplant)
- 1⁄2 of a 3-inch dia white onion, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canhunt's diced tomatoes with basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hunts tomato sauce
1 - 7oz Kraft Grated Cheese
- shredded parmesan romano & asiago cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons of diced garlic
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (5 ounce) packageof shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sliced eggplant in a bowl and coat with table salt to drain off fluids.
- at room temp for 30 minutes.
- MIX: The diced tomatoes, the tomato sauce, the 7oz of Parmesan Romano & Asiago Cheese, the 8oz of cottage cheese, the 3 tablespoons of garlic then set aside.
- Rinse off eggplant and mix with baby bellas and onion.
- Butter sides and bottom of casserole dish then layer in
- eggplant mixture with sliced butter, sauce mixture, and bread crumbs and top with the shredded Parmesan.
- Bake at 325 deg for 1 hr and 15 mins or until the Parmesan is golden brown and the internal temp is 145 deg. Let cool about 10 - 15 mins before serving.