2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I planted a few Eggplants this year. After I picked the first ones I went looking for a recipe to use them in but all of the recipes I found in my cookbooks were very labor intensive and fed 6 to 8 people its just my wife and I. So I started going through my pantry and put this together it was great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb of sliced eggplant (slice 3/8 - 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 (8 ounce) container of sliced baby bella mushrooms (slice the same as the eggplant)
- 1/2 of a 3-inch dia white onion, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can hunt's diced tomatoes with basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hunts tomato sauce
1 - 7oz Kraft Grated Cheese
- 1Place the sliced eggplant in a bowl and coat with table salt to drain off fluids.
- 2at room temp for 30 minutes.
- 3MIX: The diced tomatoes, the tomato sauce, the 7oz of Parmesan Romano & Asiago Cheese, the 8oz of cottage cheese, the 3 tablespoons of garlic then set aside.
- 4Rinse off eggplant and mix with baby bellas and onion.
- 5Butter sides and bottom of casserole dish then layer in
- 6eggplant mixture with sliced butter, sauce mixture, and bread crumbs and top with the shredded Parmesan.
- 7Bake at 325 deg for 1 hr and 15 mins or until the Parmesan is golden brown and the internal temp is 145 deg. Let cool about 10 - 15 mins before serving.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Eggplant Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 1288.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with basil