Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great side dish.
- 6 -7 small eggplants, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) canchunky tomato sauce
- 6 slices tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- fresh basil leaf (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then into bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in skillet; brown eggplant lightly on both sides.
- Arrange in buttered baking dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper; sprinkle with parsley and sliced mushrooms.
- Pour tomato sauce over eggplant.
- Top with tomato slices and cheese.
- Sprinkle grated onion over cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.